Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman owned government contractor, is seeking a Communications Specialist to work in its Silver Spring, MD headquarters. The Communications Specialist will support the efforts of a federal client, in materials/content development and research functions. The Communications Specialist will work as part of a team to develop content and engagement plans for social media platforms, including planning Facebook live events or live tweeting; develop plans to increase audience engagement; and track metrics and impact across platforms. The Communications Specialist may also develop content for brochures, flyers, newsletters, advertisements, press releases, and website projects. Experience with Meltwater a plus. The Communications Specialist will report to the Project Manager.
• Work with project team to draft social media content and promotion plans across a variety of platforms.
• Develop creative material including but not limited to brochures, outreach and promotional material, posters, flyers, newsletter articles, and web content.
• Support partnership programs and national communication activities for the contract.
• Gather communications metrics and produce analytics reports.
• Support contract reporting requirements for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field; 3-7 years of experience.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Meltwater a plus.
• Ability to support multiple projects from concept to completion and adhere to tight deadlines.
• Outstanding attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work and problem solve in a high-stress, time-sensitive environment.