Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Synergy Enterprises is looking for a very experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join the team and be responsible for all aspects of software application testing, ensuring application is stable and defect free. The ideal candidate will manage the QA team and work with extended team to resolve quality issues.
The preferred candidate has experience working on software development projects and is comfortable working independently within multiple high-functioning development teams. This is a client facing role where the Software Quality Assurance Tester will work with customers to collect information including project assets, content, and UAT ticket requests. The Software QA Tester is also responsible for end-to-end testing of the Synergy client deliverables. Testing can include User Interface, Functional, or third-party integrations.
The successful candidate will ensure that nothing goes to a client without QA's stamp of approval. this is a very rewarding position as its pretty cool to know that you are looking out the best interest of the customer and have the power to say no.
- Ensure all sign-offs on deliverables (overall test strategy, test plan, test cases, etc.) and that testing meets governance requirements.
- Lead the design, development, execution, and analysis of test strategies and plans for the program.
- Delivery of all planning, execution, and analysis of test strategies and plans for the program.
- Lead integration and system testing activities and support testing maturity effort.
- Prepare all documentation for test strategy, test plans, test estimates, test cases, and test scripts.
- Create test cases prior to development beginning.
- Ensure complete software quality through execution of proprietary project methodology.
- Coordinate software testing process activities, and implement testing best practices.
- Communicate effectively with business units, development teams, and project management to facilitate and ensure functionality of unique accounts.
- Develop, design, and implement test requirements, test schedules, test cases, test plans, test tools, and test scripts including, but not limited to Functional,
- Regression, Security, and Performance testing.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated test scripts.
- Validate production code releases.
- Attend internal and external project meetings to understand Client requirements and contribute to project definition, as necessary.
- Prioritize testing based on risk and business deadlines.
- Assess situations and quickly identify solutions.
- Test across multiple platforms.
- Manage the working relationship between the QA team, the development team, the QA environment team and the business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information system or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience of familiarity with developing testing processes and procedures.
- At least 5 years' experience as a quality assurance analyst or other testing role.
- Thorough knowledge of web based application development is required.
- 1-3 years' experience in PHP Development.
- Work as a part of a team and execute tasks independently as the situation demands.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.
SEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes competitive compensation, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, and a dynamic work environment.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.