Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Part-time Information Services Specialist
As an Information Services Specialist, you will respond to public inquiries from individuals, related to Substance Abuse & Mental Health concerns. Inquiries may be received by telephone or electronic sources. Your role is critical in providing a public health service to our community. You will often be conducting online literature searches via the Internet and approved online software and making resource referrals, as appropriate, to the inquiries received. While direct supervision may be needed on more complex tasks, this role requires someone who can also work independently, is dependable and a team player, has a high attention to detail and displays good and sound business judgement.
- Preparing standard and custom responses to written, telephone, and e-mail inquiries from the public, including controlled correspondence.
- Writing clear, accurate, standard language for form letters and custom letters.
- Conducting research and data gathering, including manual and online literature searches using approved databases.
- Scanning the professional and programmatic literature and identifying information that will be useful, including offering referral sources when needed, in responding to inquiries.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly relevant experience.
- Experience in using the Internet and with database management systems is needed.
- Familiarity with health care terminology is a plus.
- Prior experience in conducting online literature searches is highly desired.
- Excellent customer service skills, dependability, and follow through.
- Adherence to deadlines is critical along with being detail-oriented and performing assignments with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- A collaborative/team player approach, being open to feedback and handling day-to-day situations with a reasonable approach.
- Visual acuity, that is, the ability to discern detail and color variations on a computer screen.
- Manual dexterity to input, validate, and retrieve data via a computer keyboard.
- Spanish fluency is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.