NIDA Clinical Trials Network
Steering Committee Meeting
April 17–18, 2012 • Atlanta, GA
JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
3300 Lenox Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 262-3344
Fax: (404) 262-8689
You are responsible for making and paying for your own sleeping room arrangements. A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead for the nights of Monday, April 16, 2012, through Wednesday, April 18, 2012. The group room rate is $133.00 per night plus 16% tax (single and double). This rate will also be honored for the two days before and after the room block dates, based on availability.
Reservations due date: Friday, March 16, 2012 (Sleeping rooms and negotiated rate are subject to availability after this date.)
Two methods to make sleeping room reservations:
- Go to http://tinyurl.com/SCM-Res-0412.
- Enter your check-in and check-out dates. Note that the online group code ‘nidnida’ is already prefilled for your convenience. Press ‘Find’ and follow the instructions to finalize sleeping room reservations.
- Telephone: Call Marriott Registration at (800) 228-9290. Identify NIDA and the hotel name and location (JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, 3300 Lenox Road, Atlanta, Georgia) to the reservationist.
If you are unable to make reservations at the JW Marriott, please see the Alternate Hotel List.
You are responsible for making and paying for your own travel arrangements. The closest airport to the meeting is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Please note that transportation costs are subject to change without prior notice.
- Taxi Service: The airport is located 20 miles from the hotel and one-way fare is approximately $40.00 (additional fuel surcharges may apply). It takes 40 minutes to/from the hotel, depending upon traffic.
- Airport Shuttle: The Atlanta Airport Shuttle Service. Call 877-799-5282 (404-941-3440 local) or online to make reservations. Reservations are optional. One way fare is $20.50 and $37.00 round trip per person. At Baggage Claim, follow the signs for Ground Transportation Center, which is located outside between the North and South Terminals. Look for the Green Bus Aisle for the shuttle bus.
- Metro (Marta): The hotel is within one-tenth (0.1) of a mile south of the Lenox Marta Rail Station, located on the Gold Line and the rail fare is $2.50 each way, after a one-time $2.50 charge to purchase the fare card. Take the Gold Line towards Doraville. Exit at Lenox Station and take the Mall escalator to street level. The hotel will be located across the street. The trip time is approximately 30 minutes.
- Driving instructions: Take I-85 North to GA 400 North. Take Exit 2 (Lenox Road). Turn right onto Lenox Road. Go 3 traffic lights to the entrance of Lenox Square Mall. Turn right into the Mall and take an immediate left onto the access road. Follow signs to the hotel, which will be on your right hand side.
For driving instructions to the JW Marriott Hotel from locations other than the
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, please
- Overnight guests: Overnight guest parking is $20.00 per night for self-parking and $30.00 per night for valet parking with in-and-out privileges.
- Day attendees: Hourly parking is available at $4.00 per hour.
Transportation to the Blending Initiative Meeting from JW Marriott:
The Blending Initiative Meeting will take place at ASAM's Annual Medical-Scientific Conference at the Hilton Atlanta, in Atlanta, Georgia, on April 19, 2012.
The Hilton Atlanta is located at 255 Courtland Street Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.
- Shuttle: A direct shuttle from the JW Marriott Buckhead to the Hilton Atlanta will be available to Steering Committee Meeting attendees who are also participating in the one-day Blending Initiative Meeting. Alternately, individuals may elect to make their own transportation arrangements between hotels. Transportation alternatives are provided below.
- Taxi Service: The Hilton Atlanta is located 8 miles from the JW Marriott and one-way fare is approximately $20.00 (additional fuel surcharges may apply). It takes 20 minutes to/from the hotel, depending upon traffic.
- Metro (Marta): The
Hilton Atlanta is within one-tenth (0.1) of a mile from the Peachtree Center Station, located on the Gold Line. The fare is $2.50 each way, after a one-time $2.50 charge to purchase the fare card. At the Lenox Marta Rail Station, take the Gold Line towards the Airport. Exit at Peachtree Center Station and take the Harris Street escalator, or follow the directions for Peachtree Center Mall. Go up the escalator into the Mall and take the walkway from the Mall to the parking garage and Peachtree Center Athletic Club. Take the elevator to the street. The hotel is on your right when you exit the garage. The trip time is approximately 20 minutes total.
- Driving instructions: Take GA 400 South to I-85 South. Follow I-85 South and take exit 249A (Courtland Street - this is a one way street). The hotel is one block on the left hand side.
Continental breakfast, as well as refreshments during the AM and PM breaks, will be available to meeting participants on April 17 and 18. You will be responsible for all other meals. The JW Marriott features
Nox Creek Grille, a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, and the
Nox Creek Lounge serving lunch. There are also a variety of eateries and restaurants in the adjacent Lenox Square Mall and office building. A restaurant list will be available at meeting registration.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make every reasonable effort to accommodate any conference attendee. You may also contact Cheryl Brinkley at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting to communicate any requirements (i.e. access ramps, sign interpretations, etc.).